Back for another Scars/Besieged 8-4, Marlon Egolf (merl2pearl) decides to spice things up by incorporating alcohol into his draft experience. Get ready for lots of questionable plays and inebriation.

13 Responses to “ Magic the Gathering Videos | Scars/Besieged Draft #2 ”

1. Skittles
    February 28, 2011 at 1:32 am

Blue Sun’s Zenith is such a beating…Ive had someone play the same move you did at the end there. The only thing I can do against it is side in som shriekhorns and hope that I get lucky.

2. Thereisnojeebus
    February 28, 2011 at 2:32 am

Last game was just great. Tight games are the best for sure, and that was soo nice. Your opponent must have been quite blown away

3. Anonymous
    February 28, 2011 at 5:00 am

Last game you could have won earlier by zenith yourself first drawing you deck and then zenithing for 0 as you lay all the land you need to zenith him out.

4. K Crow
    February 28, 2011 at 5:19 am

That was an excellent draft. You should drink and draft more often.

5. Aceathon
    February 28, 2011 at 9:54 pm

You ALWAYS draw a land off Horizon Spellbomb.

NO EXCEPTIONS.

6. TheVoor
    March 1, 2011 at 12:21 am

With the Blue Sun’s Zenith, it is impossible to be decked as long as you play it, why not draw your entire deck the turn you draw it, make him draw 9 cards at his next endstep when you draw the Zenith, then draw the Zenith again to make him draw empty? I think you win a few turns earlier without him getting to use the advantage of the extra cards.

7. JPS8883
    March 1, 2011 at 1:36 am

In the final game, why did you block the token with the Serum and bounce the Cystbearer? While this makes him pitch the Cystbearer, you lose a card (Trinket Mage). You should have just blocked the Cyst and traded, and Dispersed his token. Same result, except you don’t have to discard your Trinket Mage.

I’m willing to bet the drinking influenced that – the comedy was worth it. Just making sure you found out one way or another.

8. JPS8883
    March 1, 2011 at 1:46 am

Scratch that comment, I’m awful. Maybe I’ve been drinking too much.

9. wizmo
    March 1, 2011 at 3:40 am

excellent… great video, what a fitting end to the draft. live the high life. your deck wasnt the best but i learned big clone = good

thanks

10. Jonathan
    March 1, 2011 at 2:49 pm

This was an awesome draft. The matches were all well thought out and yes, you should be drinking and drafting every draft. And keep up the rants, very informative lol.

11. daggius
    March 1, 2011 at 3:12 pm

rakin dat serum son

12. Honestabe
    March 1, 2011 at 8:27 pm

Drinking and drafting is one of my roomates and my favorite activities. Glad to see its popular elsewhere.

Good draft, it was funny and I liked it.

PS: I’m stealing the “Sexy Lazy Fool” line form you