After a long wait, Mirrodin Besieged has finally hit Magic Online, and Draftmagic is first on the scene. Marlon Egolf (merl2pearl) goes for his first ever Scars draft with Besieged. Will he emerge as the last troll standing?

*Unfortunately, the video file for part three was corrupted, and since MODO didn’t save the replay, we could only get about two minutes of footage. Long story short, Egolf wins

14 Responses to “ Magic the Gathering Videos | Scars/Besieged Draft #1 ”

1. Gargamellian
    February 24, 2011 at 1:10 pm

I felt panicked and sick for you, as you went to click ok on your attack step in round 3. I wanted to yell at the screen for you to hear me, but alas, the tangler had no angles and it was a sad day in Mudville.

2. Anonymous
    February 24, 2011 at 1:26 pm

Guten Tag = “Good Day”. The Gargoyle goes good day?

:P

3. Confused
    February 24, 2011 at 1:50 pm

What happened to Match 1 game 2? It goes for 1:52 and then goes straight to the second round.

4. Look at the description, stupid
    February 24, 2011 at 2:06 pm

The file wouldn’t upload correctly.

5. bus
    February 24, 2011 at 2:48 pm

Dam what’s with you and opening mythics, you open like 8 every draft.

6. wizmo
    February 24, 2011 at 3:12 pm

nice draft… very happy to see MBS content here first. however, i believe in pack 1 you should have taken the piston sledge over the myr sire … you dont need a lot of artifacts to play it and its just ridiculous in any deck

7. nub
    February 24, 2011 at 3:37 pm

Piston Sledge > Myr Sire
    Leonin Relic-Warder > Scourge Servant

The two most obvious mispicks (imo). Morbid Plunder is pretty good card too. I’m happy to see BSS videos. Keep them coming :)

8. Not Over
    February 24, 2011 at 4:39 pm

You coulda won after the misplay, equip the myr with the husk, get him down to 3. He glimmer points the myr but you can re-equip and use the second angler to get him to 1. Take the damage, draw the arabelest and smack him in the face for the win. It does get hard to think though after making mistakes like that, definately been there before. Good luck in the future, love picking up tips from watching you draft.

9. Taylor
    February 24, 2011 at 7:47 pm

Thank you! Have been waiting sooooooooo long for mbs drafts to come out…. Out of all the websites, of course draftmagic has it first :P.

Good draft, can’t really comment on any picks as I have yet to draft this format ( always wait until I have seen draft videos). The no attack with angler had my yelling at my screen haha… it happens to the best of us

10. Mook
    February 25, 2011 at 7:31 am

Ahhh, I do love watching you guys draft, it’s saving me a ton of moneys at the mo since watching these scratches the itch! Plus you guys are infinitely better at this than me.

Just tried watching some of this top 8 action (http://ggslive.blip.tv/file/4803606/#), but man, the players are so damn twitchy, the guys on the right is constantly “wobbling” his legs, and the incessant shuffling kills me… Just nervour I guess, but it’s not great viewng.

Anyway, cheers for all the awesome vids!

11. Mook
    February 25, 2011 at 7:33 am

Spelling fail.

12. Bertissim0
    February 25, 2011 at 3:02 pm

Piston Sledge, apart from being amazing in any deck you play (aka Moldervine Cloak) is also retarded to play against when on Plague Stinger. It’s the single interaction I’ve lost to the most, including land screw or flood.

You missed an interaction in your latepicks. Myr Galvanizer is more than just an athem for you Myr (you do have 3). It saves you 3 mana and tempo play losses every time you see Heavy Arbalest. Heavy Arbalest is also a way to kill if you get 2 Galvanizers combo.

13. electricgrendel
    February 26, 2011 at 4:32 am

That freaking sucks, man. :( Great games, otherwise.