Jeff G (roodypoo) takes on his first ever Masters Editon draft for the site. Can he get it done with these old ass cards?
(Sorry for the irregular update schedule this week. Marlon’s on vacation and Gesualdi is a lazy boy…)

Tags: , ,

15 Responses to “ Magic Online Videos | Masters Edition 4 (ME4) Draft #5 ”

1. Mook
    February 18, 2011 at 4:18 am

Ugh, that was savage, pretty much like watching me draft!

2. JFA
    February 18, 2011 at 10:10 am

Ouch.

Draft/construction notes:

I don’t think armageddon is as good as you think in draft – powerful yes, but very difficult to use effectively in limited compared to dakmoor which is almost always going to be brutal.

The other choice I definitely disagreed with was juggernaught over just fate. There is just so much artifact removal in the set.

16 lands seemed very greedy with your curve. Especially given how mana hungry many of your cards were (clay statues/dragon engines/bestiaries/etc).

3. vis
    February 18, 2011 at 11:13 am

Thought your picks were fine, although JFA makes some good points. In addition to needing another land I also think 2 bestiary’s was too many with armageddon – didn’t come up but that could have really hurt you.

Also, I think you really underrate Temple Acolyte. He’s pretty solid in a flyer heavy deck that will often be racing. I mean, Alaborn Trooper rarely kills things or attacks in your deck as a 2/3, so Acolyte is usually the same card except it comes down a turn earlier and gains you 3 life.

4. Doug Douglas
    February 18, 2011 at 1:10 pm

Harsh. At least you recognized the main problem.

5. Joey
    February 18, 2011 at 11:19 pm

16 lands was very greedy with Armageddon in your deck.

6. daggius
    February 18, 2011 at 11:23 pm

Is MTGO working? I logged into my account 2 days ago and now it says no such account exists.

What’s going on?? Does MTGO reset all the accounts when the release a new pack/??

7. JPS8883
    February 19, 2011 at 2:03 am

Never ever ever send a land to the bottom when you don’t have enough lands yet to cast the spells in your hand!

Never ever ever!

8. Mike
    February 19, 2011 at 1:03 pm

@Daggius, If you can’t log into your account, chances are it might have been hacked. I learned this the hard way when I lost $2700 worth of cards online. Needless to say, now I only use MTGO for drafting. Anyhow, contact wizards immediately!

9. I ron butterfly
    February 19, 2011 at 2:00 pm

Wow this was just embarrassing… why even post shit like this? More Vito please at least he makes his drafts entertaining.

10. daggius
    February 19, 2011 at 5:53 pm

what the heck were u doing with 2700$ of online cards

11. Roam-D
    February 20, 2011 at 2:21 am

FYI, Angelic Voices is pretty saucy when you only main deck 4 non-white non-artifact creatures.

Also, 16 lands is fine with 3+ mana myr, but pretty poor with 3 Sleight of Hand when yous hip the land.

Better luck next time!

12. Mike
    February 21, 2011 at 10:33 am

@Daggius, I ended up trading in my physical collection and invested in online as I was playing a ton more magic. Ofcourse now I’m just F*&^%#@. Live and learn I suppose, but if you had any value to your collection and you can’t log in, I’d get intouch with WOTC immediately.

13. Roodypoo
    February 21, 2011 at 5:42 pm

JFA is right on all accounts, should have been 17 lands, and juggs is worse then the removal.
    That being said, i would ship that land again all day. 32 card deck, 12 lands + slights and 3 draw steps before I can’t curve out. 4-5 before its a huge problem. I understand not everyone plays that way, but in a format as slow as this, when i have a 3/1 first striker to hold the fort, I’ll take the card quality all day.